Air ducts are the pathways through which cooled or heated air travels in a residential home or commercial building. Without them, there would be no proper ventilation or HVAC. We often take air ducts for granted. However, ducts need proper care and maintenance in order to function properly and provide comfort to families and businesses. Ignoring common duct problems can result in problems; have ducts inspected and cleaned regularly.
Here are some common duct problems:
- Poorly sealed grills or registers. Improper sealing can result in air escaping before it reaches various rooms. This can waste energy and increase hydro bills. If you notice that your room is not cooled or heated enough, have your grills inspected.
- Improper design. Before having ducts installed, take some time to research. Find a reputable company with experience and references. An improperly designed duct system will be inefficient for heating and cooling.
- Leaks. A sealed duct will better ensure your rooms have the desired temperature. Regularly check for leaks in the ductwork. They can cause inconsistencies for heating or cooling and allow air pollutants to pass through the ducts.
- Poor Insulation. Improper insulation can cause the loss of heated or cooled air when your system is in use, creating inefficiency.
- Dirt and debris. Air ducts need regular cleaning. A dirty air duct can distribute dust, pollutants, and germs around your home or business. A clean air duct can improve air quality and prevent allergies and breathing problems.
A malfunctioning air duct can be costly. Dr. Duct has a qualified team of technicians to handle duct problems. Contact us at (613) 845-0707.
Leave A Comment